Terms and Conditions
We only take bookings from persons over 18 years of age. We reserve the right, at all times - without statement of reasons - to refuse a booking. Once you have contacted us to request a booking form we will email you a form to complete. This will include a Payment Request. When we receive your completed form and payment we will send you a confirmation email. The confirmation must be checked immediately on receipt for any errors. Possible or claimed inadequacies must always be notified by email or phone within 10 days following the date of the confirmation and in any case before the start of the stay. We cannot reserve tents until payment and completed booking forms are received.
It is the right of Cotswold Glamping to refuse group bookings if we feel this may be of detriment to other guests staying on the farm. We may ask single sex groups (i.e. hen or stag parties) to take over all the tents on a particular farm.
The prices on the web site are not binding and we reserve the right to modify these prices. At the time of booking you will be informed of the prices applicable. The price stated on the confirmation is binding.
4. Tent rental
In the rental price of every tent the following is included:
- Rental of tent and the pitch.
- Bed and kitchen linen.
- Use of and access to our farm grounds (where permitted).
- Use of water.
- VAT according to the guidelines of the VAT administration.
- Final clean up.
Not included are, among other things:
- Washing of the dishes.
- Putting your waste or recycling into the right bins.
Dogs are not allowed on the farm due to the farm animals.
- Payments are made in two stages. The deposit which is 50% of the total amount must be paid within 7 days of the booking. The balance of the booking (the remaining 50%) amount must paid at least 8 weeks before your stay. In the event of bookings made within 8 weeks before your stay the entire booking amount must be paid immediately.
- In the case of late or incomplete payment of the amounts, you are in default. We will send you a reminder of payment. If the amount is not paid within 7 days after the date of the reminder, we are entitled to unilaterally annul the agreement by means email or letter. You are responsible for all damages which we suffer or will suffer as a consequence of this.
- You are chargeable for a cancellation compensation of 30% of the booking amount in the case of cancellation more than 8 weeks before the planned commencement date of the stay and equal to the total booking amount in the case of cancellation within 8 weeks before the commencement of the stay. Monies already paid will be settled with the cancellation compensation to pay and the possible chargeable compensation of other damage.
- Alteration costs
If, after confirmation of the booking, you would like to make some alterations to the booking, we will try to satisfy these requests. It is however at our discretion whether, and to what extent, these alterations will be accepted.
- In the event of a cancellation more than 8 weeks before the commencement of the stay, 30% of the rental amount will be payable with a minimum of £150.
- In the event of cancellation within 8 weeks before the start of the stay, the entire rental amount will be payable.
- In the case of premature termination of the stay, the entire booking amount is payable.
9. Arrival and departure procedure.
We aim to have your tent ready for you by 2pm on the day of arrival. On the day of departure you must vacate the tent by 10.30am. Check-In time is 2.00pm. If you know you will arrive later than 3pm, please contact us to let us know, in advance and we will tell you how to access a key to the building.
10. Farm Regulations
In order to make the stay on the farm for all guests as pleasant as possible, all guests must keep to the determined rules of behaviour laid down in the Farm Regulations. You can ask for the Farm Regulations on arrival, from the farmer. Breaching the Farm Regulations can lead to removal from the farm without a refund of the rental sum or a part of it. We would also bring your attention to the fact that it is possible that maintenance and farming activities will be carried out during your stay on the grounds or to the accommodation(s) without you being entitled to any compensation.
12. Force majeure
Force majeure on the side of Cotswold Glamping exists if the implementation of the agreement is entirely or partially, temporarily or permanently, prevented due to circumstances which are beyond our control, including threat of war, staff strikes, blockades, fire, floods and other disruptions or events.
- We accept no liability for:
- falling into defect or putting out of action of technical equipment and loss or closure of supplies on the farm.
- theft, loss or damage, of whatever nature, during or as a result of a stay on one of our affiliated farms.
- The tenant and those who accompany him or her, are jointly and severally responsible for all loss and/or damage which arises, for Cotswold Glamping, and/or any third party as a direct or an indirect consequence of their stay, irrespective of whether this was caused through actions or refraining from actions by themselves or by third parties, who are at the farm through their making, as well as of all damage which is caused by any animal and/or matter which they have under their responsibility.
- If you leave your tent in an improper condition, additional (cleaning) costs may be charged.
Despite all the care of Cotswold Glamping it may occur that you have a genuine complaint. You must take up this complaint with us immediately, in order to allow us to solve the matter as soon as possible.
15. Swimming pool and Hot tub
By completing the booking form you are automatically accepting the rules of the swimming pool for yourself and the other people in your group/family. All persons should read and adhere to the rules of the swimming pool,( copies of the rules can be found in your information pack.) No one is permitted to use the hot tub until they have read a copy of the rules, (copies can be found in your information pack). The person who completed the booking form will be asked to sign a copy of the hot tub rules, on behalf of the people in their group/family. This signed form must be returned to the owners before anyone in the group uses the hot tub.
16. Assumption of Risks
Remember that you will be staying on a working farm with live animals and potentially dangerous farm equipment amongst other hazards. Also you must be aware that some of the camp equipment (such as the wood burning stove) may be dangerous if misused. Whilst we take great care to keep you safe, accidents can happen and neither we nor the farm are responsible for such accidents (to the greatest extent permitted by law). It is your responsibility to supervise any children. If you notice that any equipment looks faulty and/or unsafe you must inform the host farmer as soon as possible. We strongly recommend that you take out travel insurance against the risk of accidents and your stay being cut short.